A learning adventure is a unique way of learning about a topic.
- students work in small groups, learning about a topic in a first person narrative way
- students work in cooperative competition
- develops collaboration, communication, creativity and critical thinking skills
I’ve made six, all are available here free as zip file with all the relevant documents:
For all of them, these instructions should be handy.
- Year 10 Geography – Defenders of the Coast (coastal management unit)
- Year 8 History – Spanish Conquest of the Americas – Invasion of the conquistadores
- Year 8 Geography – Antarctica activity
- Year 9 History – WW1 – 11th battalion expedition
- Year 7 History – Ancient China -Xuanzang’s timeship adventure
- Year 6 History – AusQuest
I’ve also made a “Learning Adventures 2.0” PD here. This contains the new updated and gamified version of the Year 8 History Learning adventure (way better, in my opinion…).
Drop me a line if you have a question about how to run these…